Labels


Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Rakhi Day

Im missin my sisters....one of the disadvantages being away from home is u miss all these festivals...festivals are the times whn everyone is happy at home...and sply raksha bandhan ..i love it..being grownup in a big joint family rakhi was always a spl festival for us..my dad is the elder of 3 brothers...and we all live in one compound. On this spl day we all used to take shower early and wait for my sisters to come with the rakhi thali...5 rakhis...(4 frm my dad's bros children and 1 frm my mom's sisters kid)and lotta sweets..such a fun it was...i miss it...

today one of my sisters called me..and i felt so happy....these spl days needs spl phone calls huh...i hope next time i'd be in India celebrating with all my sisters..

Rakhi festivals also makes me remind of a funny incident which happened when I was in my college days...rakhi usually comes around the first week of august and so does the friendship day...so one fine weekend both of them were on one day...and my friends who ususally were very eager to approach girls on the friendship day started moving away frm gals...one of my frnds...was not aware of tis rakhi thing as he is frm a different cmnty...he was proudly flaunting the thread on his hand to all of us saying that one of the beautiful gals have tied tis as a frndship band..but lateron when he realised that the band was not meant for friendship but for brotherhood...he was damn disappointed...and we are all in splits....tat guy got 3 tags on one day..he a made brother to tat gal..a made saala to all the boys...and a "Bakra" for everyone...

tats it for now...Adios...

[P.S: My parents have started learning how to use internet...and as far as i knw my aunts and uncles are also using internet...now i think its juss time that I'll be seeing them sending each other a online rakhi and a e card....]

No comments: